Friday, July 22, 2011

BHBC.Church.Camp.2011 | And my week at Bedford College

Hi all
What a week I’ve had.. The weekend was filled with love and hilarious moments from the church camp, and then it was my first few days at Bedford College. Yes, and I will explain.
Let me start off with my church camp. One word will describe it: EXCITING! So how should I start? Hmph.. Well, we did tonnes of games and worshipping, and it was good to see and meet so many other people in our church! I seriously didn’t know so many people from church would come and join the camp even though it was so cold!! It was so cold, that I had to wear like, 2 jackets outdoors during the night time. It was just not funny. But it was ok during the day, because we played games, and outdoor activities, which made us warm by the temperature, and with the hearts!
We had nice group time where, we were talking about “the living stones”. It was quite an interesting topic really. Like seriously, it was getting pretty interesting when (I think) we church go-ers were considered as “living stones” and that we are the people who would spread the word of God and to worship him. So I guess it is a very good topic (thanks to Pastor George!) But this is only just the tip of the iceberg, and with addition to my so-so comprehension, it doesn’t really improve my understanding of it! But I’m sure one day I will understand it more.
Next topic! Bedford College. If I told you it was boring and lazy, would you believe me? I hope you don’t! So, now, I’m studying as a full-time student at Bedford, and it’s pretty interesting so far. I seriously, didn’t know so much about babies and children. And I always thought that it’s pretty much common sense to most people. Well, obviously not! They actually have a good understanding in trust, and they actually know who to trust and who not to trust! And cries aren’t actually just cries, they have different types of cries, a hungry, tired, hurt and so many more! There’s so many types of cries that a baby can have, it’s just not funny! So who said babies are just about eating and sleeping? I have proven them wrong! But my week at Bedford has been so far so good. And I’m sure the whole trip is going to be good (keep praying!)
Aiya! It looks like I’ve just gotten too excited about my stuff right now. It seems like it’s photo time again? It sure is. I haven’t got any from Bedford, but I do have some from church camp. There’s 117 photos, but I’m not going to show the whole lot (My internet will kill me!) So I’ll just share some here, and most of them on my Flickr account (just search Carmen.The.Camera)
First was our game. It was a get to know each other game, where we fold an aeroplane (or is it airplane? and write two truths and one lie.
DSC_0145DSC_0146
Then we fly them! Credits to Jono Lee for this photo.
272877_10150326074602494_645422493_9486600_8130549_o
Pastor George Kwek talking about “the Living Stones” to us.
DSC_0161
And I did some outdoor photography as well in the free time. Just a little bit!
DSC_0169DSC_0179DSC_0183
Then it was this kid. He is so cute and chubby it’s just not funny. He’s also a pretty good poser as well! He actually looks at my camera when he see’s the camera out. Unlike my brothers.
DSC_0157
Then it was them two. They were pretty good too!
DSC_0190
Then we have games and stuff… I quite like Bananagram now..
DSC_0290DSC_0291DSC_0304DSC_0335DSC_0305DSC_0389
DSC_0394
I remember my childhood wasn’t like this..
DSC_0397
My team during the camp. Michael, Pastor Thomas, Shy, Pastor George and Me!… Geez we are epic.
DSC_0373
Until we did this… From “First man on the Moon” to “Playing the didgeridoo in a tribe” How the?! I told you we were epic.
See? Get what I mean now? LOL... Our one was the absolute worst.. From "First man on the moon" to "Playing the diddgeridoo in a tribe"??
We also had a birthday party for all the July babies!
DSC_0380
I really should show some of our pretty good meals we had during the stay. They were so good!
First morning tea (I think) we had a lovely blueberry muffin. There were also chocolate as well.
DSC_0164
Honey soy chicken wings with salads. It was pretty good…
DSC_0209
Roast Lamb with Peas, pumpkin, carrots and potato. The potatoes were almost like chips!
DSC_0352
Our last lunch there.. Chicken and cheese croissant, with salad.. I love pineapple!
DSC_0477
And we went to Mt Annan Botanical Gardens.. Oh my God, I had so many pictures. I’ll only post the best two here.
DSC_0495
DSC_0532
And our group photo… Credit goes to Jono Lee.
272812_10150326081162494_645422493_9486733_6649514_o
So that’s the end of my blog. I don’t have photos from Bedford, mainly because, I actually concentrate in my classes. So it’s a good sign I don’t have pictures.

4 comments:

  1. "2 clarinet players"...

    :D that's what our first gen drawings look like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... yea, that's the only way i know how to draw.. funnily, even that i draw like poo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the macro shots
    how did you make the backgrounds so blurred?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    For the macro shots, they're very blurred because my aperture was very open. My lens open wide up to f/3.5 only.. So that's not exactly too blurry, but I think it's just right.

    ReplyDelete