Friday, March 4, 2011

Bending Light... With Dots!

Bending light is such a funny side of photography. It makes the shot look really funny, and it makes it look ever so special. I really like it.

I mean, sure sometimes bending light isn't so funny every time. For example directing light from one source and reflecting it to your subject. But it's a very good way to make some new ideas with light.

So this time, I read my magazine (again) and I found that they used some wine glasses to bend the light to make funny patterns. They got a pattern from Google, like polka dots and put some glasses at the front, and they did some still art with it!

So I thought of some ideas from this concept. And I used some stripes and polka dots (I had to try their concept first!)



This was one of my first ones. I edited it a bit, because the dots at the back are a little faint and they were just not vibrant enough.



Then I tried using stripes





5 comments: