Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In search of the glow effect...

Hello
Since my first day of photography, I have always wanted to know how the professionals do their photos in such a great style. The photographer that I cherish most is probably Simon Ho (blog.simonthephoto.com). His works are so good! And some of the techniques he uses are so pretty and amazing. Not just that, he seems to have many ideas on the top of his head, and I have also learnt something from him. "Dont’ limit yourself by the location, the limit is only your imagination". And that is very true. He has been to so many places, and he also has been to places many times. But the only thing he doesn't repeat is his techniques. His imagination is endless. Well, I guess that's why people don't get awards for the sake of getting them!


So for the first post of the month, I thought that I'd show you one of my newest found technique that I found in a magazine. I actually bought that magazine since January, but it was only now, that I tried the techniques and "Photo DIY". So this time is the glowing effect. The glowing effect has this thing with making roses look extremely romantic, and other items looks very cute, and exotic. It's a very nice effect I have to say!





Although I'm pretty happy that I tried this technique, I really need to refine the technique, and make it better than what I made it into. It just seems like it's missing some element in it, which I really need to look out.


The only picture I merged 2 photos into one. See how I mean? The picture is definitely missing something!!

3 comments:

  1. What do you mostly take pictures of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A comment!
    I normally take photos of still life, because I am still learning. But if there are any opportunities for me to take photos for other people, I am more than willing to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photo has some sort of feeling of unforgettable...like something captures ur mind but sort of getting distracted in some way haha dunno wat I am saying !its coz of the effect u've used. "Dont’ limit yourself by the location, the limit is only your imagination"- I agree with this as well

    ReplyDelete