Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Hi everyone!
This is a serious issue for once. I've noticed a few people stealing my photos for their own personal use, and  it's not actually very nice or ethical to do so. I mean, I'm not saying, don't look at my photos, or don't compliment them (if they're good), but it's actually a sign of respect to the author/photographer/owner of the photo to just ask them whether you are actually allowed to use the particular photo for their own personal use.
Normally, I would allow people to obtain a copy of my photo if they ask, but if they're not even willing or can't be bothered to ask in the first place, I find it quite hard to give them permission to use my photo.
I hope this doesn't affect your experience in reading my blog, but it's not very nice to see people stealing my own photos either.

Regards,
Carmen

4 comments:

  1. So you copyright your photos although we are mainly the person on the photo? Well, actually it shouldn't be like you have all the rights cause if the person is in the photo, they would have permission by you to take the photo so there's no need to ask you for permission. But if its a thing that other people steal for monetary purposes, then go ahead and sue their ass off due to copyright

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right in a sense, but, just say you were in a photo, and some other person took your photo for their own private use. Would you like that? I mean, I'm not opposing about you taking a copy of my photo of yourself, I actually quite like that in a way, it is yourself after all. But the problem right now is that, people are taking photos of non-people photos and putting it into their own album. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it depends. If lets say my girlfriend decided to create a photo album about me etc but she doesn't know you, is she allowed to use it for her own private use? Other than that, lets say if you took a picture of a scenery and someone else takes a picture of the same scenery. What would you do in that case?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's still up to me and you in that case. I mean, just say I'd put a photo album about you in my name, can I just take whatever photo I want from anyone WITHOUT asking? I seriously don't think so. I mean, how would I know whether that person is actually your girlfriend or not? So to this, I would say that it's both mine and your's permission. You just have to verify that the person taking the photo from my album is actually your girlfriend (it is over the internet afterall, god knows who takes your photo from my album?)

    ReplyDelete