Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy GINGERY Mother's Day!

Hi all
First of all, I shall wish every mother a VERY Happy Mother's Day!

This Mother's Day, I decided to make my very first batch of gingerbread. It was a really funny experience. The blending part wasn't hard at all. In fact, really easy (it's not hard to use a blender to mix, get real). But when it came to the part where I start kneading the dough, I totally forgot to add flour to my hands so that the dough doesn't stick everywhere on my hand. And so yea, everything got stuck onto my hands, and it wasn't just a little bit, it was half of my batch! I was like, so, how am I going to get the flour from the pantry, and put it on my hands to get rid of the stickiness? Well, I just had to get my brother to help me out. Yea, embarrassing, but hey, better than washing half my batch out! So after that, I cut my shapes out, and put it in the oven!
At the end, the gingerbread turned out pretty good (at least the biscuits didn't stick onto the baking paper). I also made a camera shaped gingerbread!! Until now, I'm still not brave enough to eat something so pretty!!








No comments:

Post a Comment