Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My 22nd!!




For many many years, I've always had a bad birthday. It's either the public school holidays, exams or everyone is just busy. So last year's birthday was quite good in terms of both family, and friends. I spent two weeks in Hong Kong (you can view my experience here, here and here, oh, and here) and it was quite an experience as both my brothers weren't around, and the trip just went so smoothly without any hiccups and problems. And on top of that I had an amazing 17 people come to my birthday at the park! So that ended my 21st birthday with a fantastic experience and the BEST birthday I've ever had for many years.

So what did I do for my 22nd? 

Well, for friends we had a simple dinner at the local restaurant (Ken's Sushi Bar and Dining) and it was quite good, and cheap-ish (comparatively to City dining). It was a very typical Japanese dining, where there's Agedashi tofu, sushi, sashimi, and tempura... nothing extremely special, but it's the people who I had it with that was the best...

But yes, the food was good, let's show you some to devour you...
This is the beef tataki... it was really good, including some of that 'cow grass'.. 
Sashimi... like everybody knows it, but there was kingfish as well! I loved the kingfish sashimi..

Dynamite sushi! The name sounds quite scary, but, all it really is, is it's got chilli sauce running through the top bit of the sushi to give it that extra bang of spiciness .. That's about it. Nice, but, I really hoped for more than just chilli sauce from a bottle.

Then comes in the Spider roll! It was a fried soft shell crab with avocado, and a prawn in the seaweed and rice.. Quite good, but those green caviar seems extremely artificially coloured. 

Them it was the fried Tempura chicken. Quite good, I loved the dip that came with it. It was like a mayonnaise.. but, not exactly just mayonnaise.. They definitely added something to it.

Then it was my birthday cake! It was a blueberry cheesecake from 85'C and it was creamy and firm in a way, but the sweetness really got me tied up in sugar instead... I think the tofu cheesecake from Ella's is better than this one.. It's much creamier and less sweet than this cake..

 Then it was the traditional group shot! Thanks everybody for the time and gifts!

1 comment: