Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Photo Walk @ Luna Park and China Town

Finally. After three and a half years of photographing with my 06' made Nikon, I have finally went out with Brian to purposely take photos of our well-known Sydney!
Organizing it was really easy as we knew where we were going to do, and it was just the matter of just knowing how to get there. So even though we knew we were heading to Luna Park for our first stop, getting there was a slight problem. I sound so un-Australian, or un-sydneyian (if that's what you call it) but I don't know how to get onto the Harbour Bridge on foot! I've been over it by car, train, bus and ferry (just under it), and yet, I'm nearly 22, and I don't know how to go ONTO the bridge. I sound so un-local all of a sudden. But on the day, we asked the friendly CityRail staff at Circular Quay, and she told us there's a lift on the Harbour that is near those palm trees and Opera House. 

So our first stop was Luna Park. Along the way, we had a few good shots of our City... and the lifestyle around here...





It was about an hours walk from Circular Quay, and it's a very relaxing walk, no steep ends nothing. Well at least I think it was relaxing.. Maybe not Brian though.
So here we are, safely arrived at Luna Park, and it was so good, because there's so much to take, and most importantly, it's free. You can't say no when it's free. No way.










It took us about 2 hours to finish taking what we wanted from Luna Park, providing it was free the whole way. So next was just walking back to the Harbour side, and taking photos there.
We did some levitating shots... I'm addicted to this stuff!






Brian has more shots of me levitating too..
We saw this patch of green grass with the bridge on top, and it made some interesting patterns on the grass... the grass also waved so pretty too! Too bad I can't video it on my camera..


Then we went back onto the bridge, and saw several locks on the fence. I think it represents people's marriages and the 'tying-the-knot' moment, I wonder what this area will look like in 50 years?



I converted the photo to black and white because the light around us was too harsh, and it created heavy shadows. I felt that black and white made it look flat, but it enhances the details instead.

Then I saw this, and it made me smile... Where would I be without my mother? I don't think I'll end up achieving or doing what I have, at this point. She will ALWAYS be my star... the brightest of all as well.






I always wanted to be in this line of people to try out this 'Emperor Pastry Puff', but timing wise, I've never tried it, and will really want to one day... Has anyone tried it before? Tell me what it's like!!

While I was buying my first SodaGreen music CD from the shop, Brian was taking photos of a lions backside.. Did it fart?


We then ended up on Dixon Street, and took some panning shots


And a bike.


We then headed up to Capitol, and took some photos of the toys in the machine... Until a guy said in a heavy Chinese accent, 'No Photo!!' full with hand and everything, I think he was running up to us too.. It was funny, and concerning.

No comments:

Post a Comment